Goodreads asked Luke Matthews:

Luke Matthews I honestly don't believe in writer's block. The hesitation that is commonly referred to as writer's block comes from writers being too prissy about what they put down on paper. There's always *an* idea there... *Some* idea. "Writer's Block" happens when a writer refuses to put an idea down on paper because they are pre-judging its quality without thinking about the later revision process.

So, I deal with "writer's block" by writing. I put all my shit ideas down, just to get word count. To get to the next step. The best possible inspiration for fixing crap writing comes from continuing to write and letting the flow of the story tell you what you *should have* done. At that point, you go back and fix it.

But "Writer's Block", in the traditional sense of the term, is a bullshit excuse that writers use to make themselves feel better about not writing.