Deb
Deb asked:

I agree with what Gillespie says but why does he look so unhealthy himself? Not fat, but just unwell?

Boy Blue If you look at a before and after you will see that he is certainly a lot better now than he was before. All that fat melted away and left the skin behind, something you can't really fix without surgery. I think the other problem is, you are expecting him to look like a body builder or a sports star. He's not either of those, he's a writer. Being healthy doesn't have to mean being a bronzed Adonis in dicktogs. He also doesn't exercise much or believe in exercise for weight loss as he argues in another book he wrote, Big Fat Lies. I think if he got a tan and went to the gym a bit more you'd probably be happy with how he looks. I do notice you can't find a single shot of him with his shirt off, maybe you are onto something, or maybe he's just a normal guy. Also you can't see inside, I bet his organs are radiant in all their healthy glory.
Sonica My guess is because he's a lawyer, father of 6 kids, and has a type A personality. I'd say that's a fair trade-off for not looking like a male model...
Image for Sweet Poison, Why Sugar Makes Us Fat
by David Gillespie (Goodreads Author)