Pauline Kentridge

Isn't this the wrong synopsis for 'Oryx and Crake'? It sounds more like the 3rd part of the trilogy the title of which escapes me and which I haven't yet read!

To answer questions about Oryx and Crake, please sign up.
Brendan Egan It's the blurb from the back of the book, so no, it's not the third part of the trilogy. And I disagree that it's "spoilery."
IvanOpinion It is the synopsis intended by the publisher, but it is a staggeringly poor one, as it does not give a good sense of what the book is about.
Susan Wow! It is the blurb on the back of the book and I think it is totally misleading. Ugh! This is not how I see this book.
Leonardo Raider I agree, this synopsis is very spoilery. I'm glad I finished the book before seeing this.
Mallory I just started reading the book this morning, and the synopsis fits perfectly so far.
Sue Abbotson It's pretty generic and could actually fit the third volume, too :) Books two and three of this trilogy are worth reading--just as Atwood loops back to Handmaid's Tale in The Testaments and fleshes out the past, so too does she do with these and brings in new depth and complexity to characters as she goes.
Millicent. No, this is correct. There is a lot more to this story than the feelings Jimmy has for Oryx, but I think it's correct.
Image for Oryx and Crake
by Margaret Atwood (Goodreads Author)