Courtney
Courtney asked:

Are the photos seen throughout the book real? They say they are on the back of the book, but they frequently look staged and fake. Does anyone know anything about this?

To answer questions about Asylum, please sign up.
Flavia Machado No, at the end of my edition of the book (the Brazilian one), there is an attachment that says the images are photomontages based on real asylums.
Gina I'm pretty sure that PARTS of the photos are real, but there are some bits cut from other pictures, and are photoshopped in. I'm the picture with that warden and all of the nurses posing for example, is a real picture, but the warden is cut in from another photo. If you need more detail about it, I'd be happy to help, or there's the index at the back of the book for more info on them!
Catarí Gutiérrez Morán Mine (the Chilean version) says that theyre based of real asylum pics
Maddison yes but they are re-did so they look more realistic..
Image for Asylum
by Madeleine Roux (Goodreads Author)