Annamacias
Annamacias asked:

Why did this horrible book get the Nobel Prize? It's ironical (a word used many times in the book).

To answer questions about The Golden Notebook, please sign up.
Tytti This book didn't get the Nobel Prize, it isn't awarded to books.

It is given to an author who "has produced in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction" and the work here means the author's work as a whole. Nowadays it is also "awarded both for lasting literary merit and for evidence of consistent idealism on some significant level".
Sophie It is one of most spectacular work of Doris Lessing also seemed autobiographical. A single mother in 60s. Extremely honest in narratives.
Leslie "The Golden Notebook" may not be to your taste, but it doesn't mean it's a horrible book. There are many literary masterpieces that I've tried to read, and just couldn't get through. "Heart of Darkness" was the most recent one. But some day, I hope an English prof can explain these books to me.
Deb cambria This is what we are dealing with
Image for The Golden Notebook