Marty Elrod
Marty Elrod asked:

what bothered you the most in this book?

To answer questions about A Land More Kind Than Home, please sign up.
Heidi I was bothered by the fact that we never hear much from the character, Julie. As central to the conspiracy that transpires I feel more insight into her thinking would have done the book a great justice.
Shar min I was reading the book with all eagerness but I felt it suddenly ended without uncovering many truth such as what happened to Stump in Church....
Kimberly Adam I wanted to know more about all the characters and I wanted to know more about their thoughts and what drove them to do certain things. I felt like the characters were vague and not very well fleshed out.
Shug In Agree with Heidi. We don't hear much from Julie and I feel like she was central to everything going on. I wanted to understand her a bit more. I couldn't put this book down, but the ending came abruptly and I was disappointed.
Janice Gritz The snake thing was so creepy and if I hadn’t lived in Tennessee for a few years (2010-2017) and watched a story about a pastor who used snakes in a church near Nashville play out, I would have thought this was not something that could happen in our era.
Gail No details were given about what happened to Stump in the church. Poor character development and the purpose some characters were even in the story such as the mean step brother of the friend of Jesse.
Amanda It was unsettling to that so much of the book was about an 8 year old boy dealing with very adult issues and I know that's how life happens - children aren't often sheltered from their parent's poor decisions - but it really ate at me that no one was looking out for the child who carried such heavy burdens without understanding the consequences of them.
Lucy Edwards (spoiler alert) The poor boy will blame himself for both deaths. He didn't tell his mom it was him who said, "Mama", and he told his dad about the rain barrel incident. So sad.
Image for A Land More Kind Than Home
by Wiley Cash (Goodreads Author)