Collette
Collette asked:

Can someone please tell me what the length of the original novel is? I think I bought the updated version with lots of extra detail about characters like Trashcan man a couple of months ago. Serendipitously this version became corrupt on my Kindle last week so I've had a refund and I'm now looking to buy the original version instead. How do I find it?

To answer questions about The Stand, please sign up.
Nikki Don't bother. The uncut version is by far the better of the two.
John Spencer My own "original" Book Club Edition, ISBN 9780385121682 is 823 pages —as compared to 0385199570, the 1990 expanded edition's 1,153 pages. (They sit on one of my shelves side by side.)

And... my sympathies for your having been introduced to King's masterwork via that expanded version, which I felt was a crime against the original; best compared to what George Lucas did to the original Star Wars trilogy when he added all that CGI stuff in latter releases.

As far as finding the original version? Its out there waiting for you, I strongly suggest an original Signet paperback from 1980. Look on amazon, ebay etc.
Lisa There are 1153 pages in the Complete and Uncut version.
I own this book and it was such a delight to read!!!
Robert W Kitchens Stick with the uncut version....it's much better!
Checkman The original or abridged version has gottne harder to find and when you do find one for sale you'll pay for it. Especially if you buy through Amazon or Ebay or one of the other Internet retail sites. I spent a couple years trolling local used bookstores and ended up finding two of the 1980 paperback editions for sale. The original 1978 hardback edition is very rare and pricey now. My brother-in-law has it. HE actually got it as a gift for Christmas 1978. He won't let me have it even when I offered him money.
Kayla Mowrey It's hard to find the original in decent condition, but try Amazon. The unabridged version is a little over 1300 pages. The abridged is only around 850.
Image for The Stand
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)