Goodreads asked Jon Lang:

Jon Lang I imagine a world different from the one I'm in now. My head isn't just up in the clouds; it's in space. And it's there that I imagine a place filled with people, people like you and me, with similar problems, but different tools to cope and deal.

Inspiration for writing comes from my life. After all, the old adage is to write what you know. Though many of us may think our lives to be mundane, it is in the details where I find the inspiration for a certain character trait, or a conversation two people may have in a book.

The most fascinating story, if I remember it correctly, is of Neil Gaiman, cruising through the English countryside, when he spotted a hole a in a wall built of stones. And his imagination did the rest in creating the village of Wall and the wonders behind that hole. I'd like to do that someday.