Erica T
Erica T asked:

Sounds like a fun series. What age would this be appropriate for? My 8 year old reads on this level, but would it be too mature for her? (To give you an idea, she's read the first two Harry Potter books but no way am I letting her read stuff like Hunger Games)

To answer questions about The Shadows, please sign up.
Patrick Algermissen I've been reading these to my girls since last year, when they were 5 and 8. They can be kid-scary in places, but both of them enjoy the series very much and it hasn't been too scary for them. We've read the first 4 books, and I don't think they've been any scarier than the first two Harry Potter books. Though I have had to have conversations with them along the lines of, "If you find yourself being transported to magical lands and are worried that evil witches are going to come out of paintings and haunt you, please don't hide it from me. I will do my best to help you."
Amy rather you read it to her because it is a little bit scary, and do not use this book as a bedtime story because is going to give her bad dreams.
Amy Rugg
Book Believer I read this book at about age ten, and I was fine. Because she is 8 maybe it'd be better if you read it to her, because it is a little bit scary.
Wolfgang Burst I read it when I was ten I and think that your daghter woud not have any problem reading this book. seeing it is way less graphic than harry potte and hunger gmaes witch i have read both of being 13 now.
David Hunt This book is a little scary but not to much. You could read it but not as a bedtime story cause it could get him scared. Its a good book and not really scary
To The this book is very good, and it is not too mature for him. It has humour and good plot
Nonni Sisters Think of this book as a movie what would you rate it? Based on your rating then choses if you you'd want then reading it.
Image for The Shadows
by Jacqueline West (Goodreads Author)