Goodreads asked Angela DeRosa:

Angela DeRosa As a woman who went through early menopause without finding much help or hope from the medical profession, and as an Internal Medicine specialist, I can tell you that women's health concerns are often disregarded, diminished or addressed with a scrip for an anti-depressant. It's madness.

Common health conditions in women of all ages can often be traced to one root cause: hormone imbalances and deficiencies. There's no such thing as "You're too young to have hormonal imbalances" - women can have them from onset of puberty.

In the short term, untreated hormone deficiencies sap energy, cause mood disorders, memory problems and put a damper on libido. In the long term, deficiencies are contributing factors in developing heart disease, diabetes, bone loss, obesity, cancer and other chronic health issues.

Seeing my patients return to vibrant good health and living happier lives keeps me going each day, and inspires me to continue speaking out.