Goodreads asked H. Squires:

H. Squires "Writer's block" can mean death to a writer. Here is an excerpt from my blog dealing with writer's block:

You’ve got the best idea ever!! The story has wonderful characters, interesting plot twists, and a climax that will WOW everyone. Then you sit down to type it out—nothing. Hours go by, days, weeks, and then you start to sweat. The only thing you can produce is updating your Facebook status. Panic has set in. If you are a serious author, you keep trying. Unfortunately, this is the point where many wannabes give-up.
WRITER’S BLOCK is something we’ve all suffered through. I don’t know what causes it, the ins & outs, or the whys (I’m not sure I’d wanna know). But, I will tell you how I avoid “writer’s deathtrap”.
At times, I don’t FEEL like writing. I’ve lost interest. My brain gets tired of imagining far off places, I most likely never will see. I get sick of fictional characters taking up my thought processes. The reading, rereading, and editing gets cumbersome. Some days I hate it.
My writers’ group has a worksheet that pushes you to write 9 minutes a day; however, I cannot dedicate those minute moments to writing without losing my creativity. If I wrote daily, my story wouldn’t flow; it would be flat. I have to step away from it, for as long as it takes to get ideas.
It helps to keep my mind busy on other tasks. Exercising, reading, or household chores takes me away from the tediousness of my story structure.
Some of the best thoughts came to me when I was at work. I’d be running around in my crazy, management job and BLAMO! an awesome idea would pop into my head. At that point, I'd immediately grab the nearest piece of paper or--on occasion--my palm, and scribble down the thoughts. Do whatever you can to preserve that moment, idea, or train of thought.
Trust me, the instant you stop stressing about your story, the creativity will flow. Until then, preoccupy your time with research, meeting other authors, and/or joining a writers group. Stay focused on the backbone of your story—make an outline. The most important advice to give is: “Don’t give up!”

Did you know that 97% of writers do not finish their books?

Will you be part of the 3%?

Let’s hope so.

Trust me, you’ll feel great after writing it.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to check out my blog posts every Wednesday for helpful tips: http://hsquiresnovels.com
Good luck!