Danny Newcombe

To answer questions about The Dying of the Light, please sign up.
Rabia Shahid valkyrie/ darquess has wronged ALOT of people... roarhaven mages and other criminals etc. etc. and as skulduggery is not with her so people think they can take her on and kill her and settle some grudge...
Liza I know I might be late to answer this (no kidding, 2 MONTHS) but I think it is because the two weirdos want to make a name for themselves by killing THE Valkyrie Cain. She is obviously well known by now because she is now her own breed of magic which makes her pretty powerful and not to mention her adventures with Skulduggery and misadventures with Darquesse give her a not-to-be-messed-with reputation, so they want to earn their glory by killing the to be 'world-breaker'.
Ryan Clarke I think it also shows that although Valkyrie is trying to run away from the magic world, it will always find her. I think its a sub-plot that Derek uses to help give the world some closure, while leaving it open for sequels (i hope anyway :D)
Image for The Dying of the Light