Rekha
Rekha asked:

what inspired you to write this book? This story is so unique that I can't imagine what inspired you! And are you interested in fashion?

To answer questions about The Dress Shop of Dreams, please sign up.
Menna van Praag Hi Rekha,

Thanks so much for your question! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I was first inspired by the street: All Saint's Passage, a place I've always found enchanting, ever since I was a little girl. It's a street with magic in it. So then I imagined the shops (in addition to the real ones) that might populate the street. I love dresses - I buy all mine at Karen Millen on Market Street, Cambridge, they are quite beautiful! - and don't you find that you can feel totally transformed by a perfect dress? So I began thinking about magic dresses that could actually change your life! And so the story began to unfold...
Image for The Dress Shop of Dreams
by Menna van Praag (Goodreads Author)