Jaztine Martinez

What were the last three words???

To answer questions about Eleanor and Park, please sign up.
Tanya It is honestly it is so open-ended it brings the readers together to discover what the last three words were, but it could have been anything. Many people assume it is "I love you.", but knowing the characters personality and thoughts it is something the reader can discuss and create. Rainbow Rowell mentioned in an interview that it could have been anything such as, "Park just stop." or "Leave me alone." It is such a diverse understanding of the book that makes the three words either really dramatic or heart-warming.
Suzanne I know for sure that the words are 'I love you' for one reason.
In Dutch, 'I love you.' is 'Ik hou van jou.' So that's four words. I read the book in Dutch, and in this translation, the last sentence is:
'Met vier korte woordjes.' In English this means: 'With four short words.'
In the English version there are only three words on the card. So it only makes sense that it is 'I love you'
Image for Eleanor and Park
by Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads Author)