Jamie (ReadsinTrees) Dacyczyn

Why is the cover on this one almost identical to "The Book of Speculation?" Even the sleeves are the same!

To answer questions about The Librarian, please sign up.
Christy Sloat Hi Jamie! Yes, Lisa is correct. The photo is a stock image, and can be found on many stock photo sites. It can be used on many covers, and I have seen some do just that. It was pure coincidence that her book and mine have the same model.
I love the model, and feel she fit the theme of the story well.
Lisa It's the same stock photo. If the photo is sold with a non-exclusive license, you will often see the same photos on different book covers. This happens commonly with self-published and small press books, but it even happens with big publishers—the stock photo from the original cover of Beth Revis' ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (Penguin/Razorbill) turned up on the cover of a self help book a few years later. It's usually just a coincidence.
Liz Cheshire If that one sold well then they think this one will intrigue just as many people if they have a similar cover it will do the same (the editors I mean)
Image for The Librarian
by Christy Sloat (Goodreads Author)