Joanne
Joanne asked:

I've read McDevitt but not the Alex Benedict series. Just picked up Firebird...do I need to read them in order? Thanks for any assistance!

To answer questions about Firebird, please sign up.
Scott There is an overarching continuity but the main stories are complete in each volume. I accidentally started with the second book, myself. That said, you should read this one before you read Coming Home.
James Mourgos You should. Firebird mentions things that occurred in earlier books. I was not impressed with the first one, A Talent for War, but the later ones pick up, especially Seeker and Polaris.
J You should read them in order. Later books will give away aspects of the mystery in earlier books. Enjoy - if you like scifi and mystery you'll thoroughly enjoy these!
Image for Firebird