Keith
Keith asked Beverley Jones:

Who are your favorite authors that inspired you to write?

Beverley Jones Hiya Keith,

My first favourite, after Enid Blyton of course, was Stephen King when I was 14! Scared me fairly silly but what great storytelling. As I got older I developed a penchant for crime with PD James and Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine at the top of my addiction - I liked the 'psychological' aspects of 'ordinary' people making little decisions leading to terrible consequences - Barbara Vine's 'Fatal Inversion' was a revelation at 16 and at 18, like many people Donna Tartt's Secret History blew me away with it's truly horrible protagonists.

I think I have brought elements of these to my own writing (what, who said anything about stealing??;) ). Now I love Margaret Atwood, Kate Atkinson and have developed a taste for Gillian Flynn. Though I don't write sci-fi I love to read it and my guilty pleasures are Ray Bradbury and Philip K Dick.

Who are your faves, Keith?