Goodreads asked Debbie DiCaprio:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Debbie DiCaprio One of the best things about being a writer is that you can create anything at all. I love that. I love that you can make anything happen. You have this control that most people don't have in real life, except Oprah maybe. But even she can't ride a blue gizzoon across an ocean made of diamond dust, but your characters can. They can defy gravity, talk to animals, fight dragons - anything! It's that wide open anything-ness that removes the limits of normal life and allows your imagination to be in control for a while. It's awesome.

The other wonderful thing about being a writer is the fans. It is so wonderful to hear from complete strangers that they enjoyed my book, that they were on the edge of their seat, or stayed home from work for 2 days because they couldn't put it down. I know I had a great time writing it, so I'm so thrilled fans of the book also enjoyed the adventure. In this way, we have a shared experience. It's awesome!