cara amelia
cara amelia asked:

Can I read this entirely on its one? I found it in the bookstore and it looked interesting, so I bought it. I am just now realizing that it is based on other books that she has written (at least that's the vibe I am getting). Will I be able to understand the plot and everything that is going on without reading the other books first?

To answer questions about Tempests and Slaughter, please sign up.
Colleen Yes, you can definitely read this without having read the Immortals Quartet that this is based on. You’ll miss out on the small layer of “ohmigosh it’s THAT guy!” and similar inside-joke enjoyment built in for previous readers, but no problems at all in understanding the plot (in fact it will probably make the plot fresher and more enjoyable not knowing where it’s heading.) That said if you’re enjoying Tempests then you’d likely REALLY enjoy Wild Mage and its sequels.
Image for Tempests and Slaughter
by Tamora Pierce (Goodreads Author)