Stacy Pettersen

I'm considering this book for my church's book club... is the language/adult content too inappropriate for this setting? It's all adults, but we do try to stay away from excessive cursing and sexual material.

To answer questions about Gone Girl, please sign up.
Amy Smallwood Definitely not for your church's book club. Especially if it is an official church-sponsored book club. If you're talking about a few buddies from church…you may be able to get by with that.
Sandra In my opinion this would not be a good choice for a church book club. It would be offensive to some for sure. It is a good book but not for everyone. Have you ever tried a book by Fannie Flagg or Jan Karon? Good reads and a lot of things in them that could be brought up for discussion.
Graham King Just finished reading it....it's pretty sweary, F & C bombs in there. Hard to say what I'd compare it to but the language is definitely pretty strong at times. Sexual language is reasonably graphic but not mega-frequent I don't think.
Image for Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn (Goodreads Author)