Karla Henderson

Hello, I was wondering if there was a lot of profanity in the book. Thanks

To answer questions about The Secret Keeper, please sign up.
Linda Palumbo Oh, I didn't think it had offensive language at all! What a great story. One of my all-time faves!
Janie Stone This book is a great read! I don't recall any, but as another person has just mentioned you get so caught up in the story if there was any I would have missed them. Read it, its awesome :)
Mona Great read! I didn't catch on until the very end.
Sarah Greenberg I cried when I finished it. Im usually pretty good at figuring out storylines before they unfold, but this kept me guessing the entire time. I agree that if there was foul language, I was too caught up notice at all.
Stephanie Daniels I just finished the book and though there was a little, it is not filled with it. I do recall the b word at least once and the d word as well as some across the pond curse words. I do not care for profanity in books either and though I think it was not a lot, the book had me so hooked I may have unintentionally overlooked more that was there. For me, there was not enough to be a distraction.
Penny Thank you for asking this. It is important to me, too, and I was glad to read the replies.
Lauren I found nothing offensive in this book at all. There were one or two scenes that hinted at romantic interludes, but nothing in depth at all, and certainly less offensive than what people see daily on the news and in public. :/
Patricia No very little!
Cathy Yes, there was profanity in the book, which I would cross out as I went. And everyone seemed to smoke....especially Laurel and Dorothy. They must have been chain smokers. But it was a good read.
Elaine C. There was no profanity as I remember!
Elizabeth Dixon No profanity, but a lot of smoking.
Amy The question is simply does it have a lot of profanity. My answer is no, it does not have a lot. Some mild but it's on the side and not a main part of the discourse of the book.
Lynda None at all. It is fantastic, one of the best books I have ever read.
Danny Post My God, what a question.
sherrie Just finished Forgotten Garden and The Lake House, just curious which one of The Secret Keeper or Distant Hours should I read first? I can't seem to choose.
Diana none at all, a great read.
Elaine i sure love this author but was hoping she has in a series
Gillian No, definitely not.
Image for The Secret Keeper
by Kate Morton (Goodreads Author)