Lynne
Lynne asked:

What foods would you serve from this book to a book club discussion on it? I made the cake and have milkweed pods to decorate the table...

To answer questions about Delicious!, please sign up.
Joanna I would probably serve italian meats and cheeses for appetizers, like those at Fantanaris. Then see if you'll could recreate some of the dishes mentioned in the book....pumpkin ravioli, fettuccini with Parmesan, snowball cookies, etc.
Kim After the ginger bread, the recipe I wanted to try was Thursday's Kale Salad: "She'd shredded kale into confetti and tossed it with sweet little currants and richly toasted pine nuts. Mixed with lemon juice and oil, and laced with grated Parmesan, it was an incredible concoction."
Janet O'connor I would serve the Gingerbread! It sounds wonderful. I think I would serve it with fresh whipped cream and cocoa and/or coffee.
Cheryl I think I would do a large charcuterie, and if possible include the seasonal parmesan. And of course the gingerbread for dessert with the fresh grated spices.
Nancy Colleran Our book club did read this book and we, to a person, enjoyed it. No, it is not terribly deep; however, it was definitely a fun read. The hostess for the discussion did serve gingerbread and another member brought gingerbread made with the book's recipe fresh from the oven. It was terrific and such fun to eat as we continued to talk. There are times that I suddenly think of scenes from the book, the deli or the old home--probably means something. All in all, I do think that this book is a good read. I can't imagine setting it aside and not returning to it.
Aisha Sammy's Thanksgiving meal. hands down
Evette Rodriguez I too will be attempting the ginger bread recipe. I liked this book very much.
Image for Delicious!