Maggie
Maggie asked:

Can anybody tell me if you have to have read the previous Cousin's War books before reading this one?

To answer questions about The King's Curse, please sign up.
Mary Yes, I started the Cousin's War book 1 and read them all in order. This follows the characters through the proper years. Then I went to the Tudor Court Books 1 and on. This is not how they were published, but best to read in this order. I love learning history this way and Philippa Gregory is a fantastic writer. She lists her history sources at he end of each book.
Rhiannon Reintjens Not really. Each book is a stand-alone story, on a different angle of the war. However, I'd recommend reading them all, as some parts become clearer with another person's viewpoint.
Laura You don't have to, but it makes for interesting reading as you see the same events from different characters' perspectives (this is very noticeable in, for example, The White Queen and The Kingmaker's Daughter). However, Gregory does have a suggested reading order for the books: https://www.facebook.com/notes/philip...
Lilette better read in chronological order so that you will at least get a picture of how it happened. i started with the other boleyn girl, now i am on the constant princess. i have read the other books -- in between --- i am just getting the whole picture now -- the characters, the major players... that sort. although they are being mentioned in the other books, you can fully appreciate if you will read from the beginning -- i just do not know which really is the very first book... sorry about that..
Claire Reading the others first certainly helps, but if you've read the Tudor Court series, this is pretty much The Constant Princess but from Margaret Pole's point of view, rather than Katherine of Aragon's.
Heather Yes I have read all her books............this will be the next one.
Audrey Yes I have read all her books. It sure helped understand The White Queen on Starz. It has also helped me understand British history.
emily if you go to the cousin's war list. the list shows an order to read them, though all stand up on there own. When read in order all makes sense, then leads to the Tudor court series. hope that helps.
Jan Caskey I have read all of them they are a very good look of the times. I enjoyed all of them.
Image for The King's Curse
by Philippa Gregory (Goodreads Author)