Sharon Peple
Sharon Peple asked:

Why so much description and fuzzy thoughts? The story is brilliant but the book was very long and the author simply wrote too much. Does anyone else agree with me?

Noel Heberling The descriptions you don't seem to appreciate are what make this book brilliant. Not only does she accurately describe complex emotions, but she does it in brilliant and unique prose. If you don't enjoy brilliant writing, perhaps you should try something less complicated. Perhaps you would like the Twilight series.
Lou Sytsma I agree. The book is very good but there was a lot of repetition of thought. 100 pages could be cut and the book would be tighter and better for it. Probably pushing it to brilliant.
Eleanor Perkins No. I can't agree. The fuzzy thoughts were the post traumatic stress of his tragedy in action. I could have read another 800 pages of the writing of this depth. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment. Eleanor
Maritza Ramos In fact, I loved this book so so much that I never felt it long. On the contrary, I wish I could have had at least two more chapters about Boris, whom I found to be the most interesting character in the book, as a child and as an adult. And another chapter more about Pippa, and Pippa and Theo also. She was really wise, but I wish I could have known more about her also.
Barbara Agness I am 75% done with reading the book and I agree, Way too long of descriptions. I want it to end.
Image for The Goldfinch