I think we can all agree that Twilight is a master piece compared to Fifty shades of Grey?

To answer questions about Twilight, please sign up.
Ally Neither Stephenie Meyer nor E.L. James should ever write anything ever again. Never ever. Ever. They're the exact same story (obviously, since FSoG is based off Twilight) except one has sex and the other has vampires. They're both just absolutely awful, horrible, mind-numbingly painful examples of why not everyone who has access to a computer has talent to write a book.
Robyn Hunter Both Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey are romance novels. They deliver that excellently.

The love between two people regardless of their species/strange sexual tendencies. The way Bella and Edward fight for their love and survive it all is how a romance novel is suppose to be. The love between Ana and Christian is real if you ignore the strange sexual behaviours and contracts.

Fifty shades of Grey wasn't written perfectly but it was self-published. However, both of these books have been made into movies for the reason that they are popular with more people than they are unpopular.
Ali My shopping list is a masterpiece compared to Fifty Shades of Gray
Eric Zalenka That is like saying mule shit is better than horse shit. Bottom line, both are piles of shit.
Dusk Lunae Ya'll do know 50 Shades started out as a fanfiction of this, right...??
Liz It's also a masterpiece compared to the "Inheritance" books. No, seriously. I read "Twilight" immediately after "Eldest," and felt nothing but relief for how simple Meyer's writing was, how there was only a dumb simile once a page instead of once a sentence, and how the author was writing what she wanted to without trying to mimic someone else. Stephanie Meyer also, unlike Christopher Paolini, came up with original ideas for her fantasy world. Many of those ideas were stupid, but they were hers.

And this when I was in college, majoring in Engilsh, reading Shakespeare adn already having read Neal Stehpenson, William Gibson and "Dune." Just to give an idea of my background at that time.

So I always found it hilarious when "Eragon" fans would try to counter criticism with "Well at least it's not as bad as 'Twilight'!" No, it's so much worse that it makes "Twlight" look great by comparison. Seriously.

And I genuinely love the vampires' various mental powers.
M Quite a choice a book that celebrates rape while pretending to be a "sexy" bdsm book or one that fulfills, what is it, 17 of the 20 on a checklist of an abusive relationship?
Chloe Kimmons I haven't seen Fifty Shades of Gray, but I can tell by the previews I've seen, Twilight is so much better. Some people may disagree, and that's fine with me, but this isn't about a debate. I think that Twilight gives a more clear prospective on what a couple should be like. Fiction or not. I think that if you love someone you do what you can to 1. Make things work or 2. See if there feelings go to the same depth as yours. So, yes, I think that Twilight is a master piece compared Fifty Shades of Gray.
Mary Abagail Mitchell Can we please stop abusing books because they are (in your opinion) better than one or another? We feel as if we are obligated to choose a book that is a "masterpiece" compared to another.
Rumcannie I only read the first book of twilight and hated it, I don't think I'll be reading 50 shades because I hear it was written horribly
The Dark Knight there's no Christian Grey though to make my fantasies come true
Sarah Darling Jones Yes, I felt like I was reading 50 Shades of Grey too minus the sex.
Boyboywestcoast Thats like comparing a pile of shit to a pile of garbage, saying well at least the pile of garbage can be recycled like what no you can use the shit as fertilizer... it's all about what you like and whether you like to be wrong or not.
Bakos Krisztina 50 shades proved Twilight was really cool. But it's not too much, your average fanfic shipping is better than 50 shades :D (Both books could be great if a good ghost writer was hired by the way, the stories themselves are not bad, it's the style and author's choices that kill both.)
Izzy Curtis Twilight was ok and Fifty Shades of Gray was good.
Megan I...well...you're not wrong. You're not wrong. XD Especially since Fifty Shades is a FANFICTION of Twilight!
Kaile I really think Fifty shades of Grey is better because it is more everything even though Twilight is good.
Kaitlynn Mino I have never seen 50 shades of gray because my mother says it's not appropriate for me to read or watch. But both of the books
Andrea Hmm.. I never thought about that before but you're right. Both were bad, but Fifty Shades was really hard to stomach. However, I did manage to read that whole book whereas I couldn't get past the second chapter of Twilight. And I had forgotten that Fifty Shades started out as Twilight fanfiction. Interesting...
Greg Absolutely! Meyer delivered on her promise: a teen supernatural romance. (Nothing great about it, two star rating for me, as I thought Meyer nailed the market for this one, good for her!). Fifty Shades was ridiculous: it did not deliver in any way, shape, or form, on anything, at any level. I suppose there is a market for porn books, but Fifty didn't even deliver on that.
Aya Monreal
Emilio Me They are inteersting book with some apart stories, they are worthing both to be readed!
Image for Twilight