Christina Barrett

To answer questions about Off Season, please sign up.
Jodell
Averill Summer I agree with your comments, Elaine Valente. I had to reread the last chapter and epilogue, but still found them both very confusing and not clear. Glad I wasn't the only one!
Elaine Valente The first time he went to bring the wood and stoke the fire. The second time he went back to the house ("at the urging of his mother") he found her dead at the table with the osprey feather. He was leaving...this part gets confusing. He thinks her body is already on the way home to Virginia, but it's written as if he turns his truck around to go back into the driveway and get the cat. I found the writing of the last chapter unsatisfying, and the epilogue more so.
Cindy And I agree with your comments as well. I read the last part of the last chapter and the epilogue 3 times. I slept on it and think I've figured it out this morning. It was kind of a sweet ending to this story I think.
Image for Off Season