Amber
Amber asked:

What is the most heartwarming moment in "Watership Down"?

To answer questions about Watership Down, please sign up.
Rafael Martins "My Chief Rabbit has told me to defend this run and until he says otherwise I shall stay here". Whoa.
Nayma "If we ever meet again, Hazel-rah," said Dandelion, as he took cover in the grass verge, "we ought to have the makings of the best story ever."
"And you'll be the chap to tell it," said Hazel.
Nessie the very last page! Made me cry :(
Jill I remember the first time I saw the scene where bigwick gets trapped in the snare and the other rabbits say: 'my heart joins a thousand, for my friend stopped running today.' and I have loved it ever since
Dan
Sarai Davila
Kat!e Larson
Gerald Bergan sr When Keehar helped them fight off Woundwort's army solely out of friendship.
Charity Trent Definitely the very last page. I felt so happy and sad and heart warmed that I cried
Valowlie No but near the end when Bigwig didn't move for anyone (not even Hyzenthlay) but Hazel- whoa. Let them tears flow. THAT'S what I call friendship.
John When the humans are good and benevolent. Lucy; the doctor who gives Hazel a ride in his hrududu; and finally, the man who stands quietly and stilly in his cottage garden intently watching the rabbits as they say farewell to "the white bird." Is there any doubt that that man was Richard Adams?
Elizabeth Antilles
Elena Magdalena The moment when Hazel, coming from Nuthanger farm, released by Lucy, finds Bigwig half conscious, after the battle with Woundwort in the ground, and nazzled his fur cap dirty with dry blood
Paul Barks Bigwigs stand against the General and heroics in the escape from Efrafa, though the entire book is heartwarming
Diana Wilder
Kenan Curry
Sarah Hopkins
Nicole Bigwig's unbending loyalty to the warren at the end of the book.
15BartholomewJ
Rick Patterson
Robert Blenheim The moment I tossed it aside, deciding to never even finish it!
Alex Ankarr None! I would describe it as heart-tearing, not heart-warming.
Image for Watership Down