Rajah
Rajah asked:

Should I be reading this before the Knife of Never Letting Go? Ditto about the other two shorts. Thanks!

To answer questions about The New World, please sign up.
Bruce Read this before.
Since this book came out 5yrs after Knife of Never Letting Go,
most have probably read it after. But I will strongly recommend
the opposite.
1) It sets up The Knife of Never Letting Go perfectly, without any spoilers.
2) Because it's so short, it should only take an hour tops to read.
No, it won't ruin the story reading second, but if you read it first, you won't have to break up the story by going back after The Knife of Never Letting Go. And believe me, you'll want to continue to see where it goes.
Hope this helps someone.
anyone
Peter It probably doesn't really matter, although reading this "book" (really just a chapter) first might take away some of the suspence of the first part of the main book. Or it might add to the anticipation.
Erin I read the Knife of Never Letting Go first, then The New World, and I think it is meant to read in that order. New World is more meaningful that way.
Image for The New World