"The sun-- looks like a pat of softened butter-- melting-- into a warm, creamy mashed-potatoes cloud-- in the middle of a bottomless powder-blue bowl." This is another way I'd describe the sky in my own words at times...what about you? How would you explain the sky’s appearance to someone, like how Max asked Liesel to creatively express it in her own words?

To answer questions about The Book Thief, please sign up.
Nalinie The sky is dark blue fading into light blue, with weightless cotton fluffs floating listlessly, and a golden flower, centre staged, in full bloom, gracing all with its light, caressing each with a warm embrace...
Sailor Mercury The sun spills itself on the horizon, across an endless mass of blue, a watery orange and pink mess cascading it's warm rays across the world.
James Joyce "The sun pinned me down, like a cop's flashlight. Merciless. So bright I became blind to everything, but that circle of light. I surrendered, to it."
May "The hues and shades granted from the sun’s strokes scattered from the west, the lingering half of the sun brushed against cotton underbellies. A painter had spilled his watercolors across the canvas sky, letting the colors run into one another behind the seafoam clouds that splayed lazily across the sky, moving ever so slowly in wave-like motions." I had written this description a few years ago
Rose K. "The sky is a soft, light blue lampshade infinitely surrounding the brightest bulb of a golden spiky sun, whose warm tendrils brighten up the grass beneath it." That's how I would describe the sky! In fact, I was trying to come up with the answer to that question in my mind as I was reading the book.
Sam The sky is like a swirling mass of ice that circles around a bright, yellow slice of lemon. Sorry, I'm trying to be poetic and seem to be failing.
Abbie Hartley In the east it's difficult to tell where the mountains end and the dark grey bellies of the clouds, the puzzle pieces of last nights winter storm, begin. In the west, clouds hang heavy and broken in a snow scrubbed sky, the piercing blue a hopeful reminder of warmer days that will make clouds, of another sort, bloom in the cherry trees.
Abby The sun seamlessly melted into a bright white sky, the fog encircling and chilling us even in the warmth of late May
Peter A yawning expanse, threatening to swallow me in its exceptional scope. This is a canvass without equal, on which the divine paintings and exquisite whims of God take their place.
Micah A This book is sad.
Ishwar Ramkumar The sun is a mass ball of fire that is the essence of death. The irresistible yet tedious task of staring into its beauty, only to find out that it sucks the life out of you, a living medusa, look into it and you will be blinded (see what I did there) by its beauty. Go near it and the warmth that it shrouds will overcome you and you will be nothing more than a pile of black ashes, killed by a masked death ray giving off ultra violent beams (I did it again).
Kendal I really like your unique way of describing the sky. There is a thousand different ways to describe the sky, and some descriptions fit for different days. However, on a nice summer day the sky is an endless empty space. The color is a rich painful blue that lights up the day. The only thing visible in the sky other than the blue is the thriving sun, no white clouds.
Dave Wegner The sky will be blue, believe me, very blue. No one does blue skies like I do blue skies and the sky is going to be incredibly blue...hugely blue. A lot of people are saying how blue it's going to be. We don't get blue skies anymore, we used to have blue skies but we don't have them now. When's the last time we had a blue sky? I can get blue skies all the time. We'll have many blue skies and they'll be, frankly, very blue

--Donald Trump
Algernon Wyck The sky is a beautiful shade of dark grey, the stars pinpricks of light from another time, world of their own, forever shining in a sphere of movement.
Dinaz The sky looks like fluffs of cotton candy wafting through a mass of an endless ocean.
Sarah Were you hungry when you wrote this? Now I'm hungry, thanks a lot. Lol!
Annerie The sky is like an inkwell and the moon is like a small hole through which the ink seeps through, leaving hundreds of little clear dots.
Sophie You just don't.
Bookaddict stuti The sky looks like soft fluffy cotton candy as it slowly dissolves into dark purple and then the moon lit darkness which is sad yet somehow mesmerizing as you gaze at it and attempt to caress the stars which are so near yet so far/
Akshat Sapra A hanging sphere, which is lit up by god before anyone comes to know of its existence, fading to the glowing white embers.
Christine The sky is an endless highway into the 'never ever'.
I flew to the land where the sun refuses to set. Having gone to Finnlandia to view the Northern Lights as many green and iridescent, incandescent blue nebulas (impossibly beautiful, hard to describe)...
I saw glimpses of the 'HIGHWAY OF LIGHT' that leads to the great beyond.
Megan a creamy splotch of kerneled yellow, shucked from the cob, and patted down by an armada of white ships
Ruth Hamilton The sun was a blob of gold in the middle of a sea of white. It looked like a giant was frying an egg in a colossal blue skillet.
Ashley The sky is a windy ocean, untouchable above the world, filled with fluffy fairy floss puffs of cloud and one bright beach ball that you have to squint to see properly. It's filled with blinding rays, invisible but present, shining outwards like the end of the world.
dreams_of_a_butterfly A beautiful watercolor, the sun, a bright shining light made from fairy dust.
Emilio Me I saw the movie and yes, it is a tear-jerker :-) but i don't want to spoil anything
Image for The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak (Goodreads Author)