Joedarris
Joedarris asked:

I read this book while living in Takayama, during an unusually devastating flood. So many of the reviews mention where the reader was when they read this. Childs seems to awaken our senses to the water around us. Where were you when you read the Secret Knowledge of Water? How did it compare to Child's description of the desert?

To answer questions about The Secret Knowledge of Water, please sign up.
Mark I picked up this book in the BLM center in Kanab, Utah one morning trying my luck at the drawing for permits to enter "the Swell." I read this over the next few days as we hiked and visited other places in that majestic area such as Coyote Gulch. While in the desert, evidence of water shaping the landscape was everywhere - just like in the book.
Image for The Secret Knowledge of Water