Tracy
Tracy asked:

Can these books be read out of order?

To answer questions about The White Princess, please sign up.
Kelly I started with The Kingmaker's Daughter, and then went to The White Queen, then The Red Queen, and now The White Princess. I think if you continue to bear in mind that the Kingmaker's Daughter, White Queen, and Red Queen are essentially telling the same story from three different viewpoints, it may not matter which one you read first. I would think reading this one after those three would make more sense, and flesh out the actions of Elizabeth Woodville and Margaret Beaufort in a better way, as well as understanding Elizabeth of York toward the end of this book.

I actually liked The Kingmaker's Daughter best, and I did not care much for The Red Queen, but I don't care for Margaret Beaufort, and found her the most difficult to understand. I'm waiting on The Lady of the Rivers to become available from my library, and am looking forward to finishing this series.
Katy Taylor This is the order that I would read them in:

Start with The Lady of the Rivers even though this is actually book 3. Then The White Queen as this carries on directly from Lady of the Rivers. The Red Queen & The Kingmaker's daughter could be read either way round but definitely the next two that should be read and then the White Princess. I have not read the last in the series yet which is The Kings Curse so don't know where this should fit in.
Tryme4 I never read the series just this one
Cait Well, I made the mistake of reading this one first, since I didn't know it was part of a series. I started to get the sense I had skipped a few book a couple chapters in, but there was enough recapping and elaboration that I actually wasn't sure until right now that there were other books before it.

You can absolutely read this on its own, but as Christi pointed out, it leaves me kind of unmotivated to read the first four after finishing this one....
Audrey Bledsoe I read them out of order and did not have a problem. The general story is historical so each story is a variation or a different point of view.
Arlene I have read them out of order and while I still enjoyed them, I think it is better to read them in order for the most impact.
Brooke Bartley Absolutely, but I would read King's Curse last.
Christi Poulsom They are historical fiction - with emphasis on the ficton so it really doesn't matter.
There is a lot of recapping so you won't be in the dark if you read them out of order.
Don't start with the white princess though or you may not read any of the others.
Mai w I did not read the first books in the series because I watched The White Queen Series on Starz. This books picks up where the series left off.
pauline high I read them in the right order but I know a couple of people who didn't. Don't think it matters to be honest. The White Princess occurs after the first four so does not to be read last. Hope you enjoy them all, I am sure you will.
Theresa The first 4 are concurrent, but the 5th needs to be read in order.
Image for The White Princess
by Philippa Gregory (Goodreads Author)