Jenn Curry
Jenn Curry asked:

my cousin is reading this book. she is 12 yet very mature for her age. i was told that the material in the book is actually for somebody a lot older. is this true? would you recommend it to a 20 something year old?

To answer questions about Gone, please sign up.
Becca I know someone who also enjoyed this book who is in their forties! It really depends on your tastes. This is a great book!
Omshi No . I think the book is for younger people , so you may find it boring . It consists of schoolchildren and school crushes and all that stuff . Though the plot is great I wouldn't recommend it to a 20 yr old .
Meagan It's not inappropriate if that's what you're asking... all it really is is some fight scenes, scenes like "someone broke an arm and saw the bone" but nothing too intense... no sexual references or profanity, just be prepared to read about some characters in serious pain...
Jenn Curry thank you everyone for the feedback! I knew it was a series. Someone I know who has kids compared it to a modern version of Logan's Run. I have yet to read it yet but will definitely eventually get around to it. Beach day book....
Avaminn F'nett This is a YA series. It's fine for a 12 year-old to read as long as she isn't easily grossed out or scared.
Brookie Rae This book is perfect for "young adults" and to me that is anywhere from ages 12-17. I read these books when I was 13 and there is not a single swear word or naughty part.
Cailyn M I think it depends on the maturity or understanding that person has of politics, romance etc. before you decide whether they should read it or not.
Matt ...Omshi did you read the rest of the books... Because from that description it seems like you're only talking about the first book. And the introductory chapter for that matter- since crushes are a really small part of it.

It gets real dark later in the series
Image for Gone
by Michael Grant (Goodreads Author)