Khevin04
Khevin04 asked:

how does the child surpass what he have been through

To answer questions about A Child Called "It", please sign up.
Miranda H Khevin04, Dave Pelzer went on to write several more books about his childhood and how he persevered beyond the abuse he sustained and grew up to become a motivational speaker and advocate for others with similar childhoods filled with abuse. I highly recommend that you read first "A Child Called 'It'" and then the sequel "The Lost Boy," which goes into the next phase of Dave's life. His younger brother Richard Pelzer also wrote an account of his own about growing up with their abusive mother. His book is called "A Brother's Journey." Richard Pelzer and Dave Pelzer have both written about how the abuse affected their lives as children and into adulthood. I use these books in my high school classroom (I am a teacher) and we have located several articles and interviews in addition to the books which help you better understand the Pelzers' unique and heart-wrenching accounts. Good luck!
CeeCee James I survived a similar story. My heart hurts for Dave. I hope he continues to heal and find peace.
Matthew Little From what I remember reading it the author doesn't go into much about afterwards. If you know anything about the author you know he eventually escapes the abuse so I'm not spoiling anything there but really it ends more in a relief state, like he's free, and from then I don't remember much else.
James Jean-Pierre You'd probably have to read his next book to figure that out.
Image for A Child Called "It"
by Dave Pelzer (Goodreads Author)