Julián C
Julián C asked:

This is so poorly written, even for a Christie. I don't know why I keep on reading, it is a struggle.

To answer questions about Elephants Can Remember, please sign up.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) That's an opinion, not a question. Go write a review. That's what GR is here for. The question section is for clarification.
C. F. It's kind of amazing that Agatha Christie could still organize produce a coherent mystery when she was 81 or 82 years old, but I'm convinced that her mind was failing by the 70's (to that point, I heard a very interesting story on NPR back in 2010 - "Agatha Christie and Nuns Tell a Tale of Alzheimer's" - which ran on Radio Lab and Morning Edition). You might want to check it out. I don't know if you've read many of Agatha's, but if not, here are some of my favorites: Toward's Zero, Death on the Nile, Murder in Retrospect (Five Little Pigs, English Title [more or less]) or Evil Under the Sun. I started reading her books back in the 60's, and have read almost all of them. She was a master.
Greg Julian, I understand how you feel. The first time I read this, when it came out, I thought so too. But I just finished it. The mystery here could have been a short story. But this book isn't about that mystery, really. It's about recalling things from the past. And I don't think the solution offered is the true story, but one that makes Celia and her future husband happy.
Lisa Huh... one of my favorites! I love how she moved with the times as society changed by the 70s. Maybe that's the problem, you prefer the older settings of the 20s and 30s? Certainly, they were different.
Image for Elephants Can Remember