N
N asked:

I love the Netflix series and want to read this book, but I don't want to be spoiled for season 3. Those who have read it and seen the series, am I probably safe reading book 1? Does the Netflix series even follow very closely?

To answer questions about House of Cards, please sign up.
E You can safely read this book - the American tv show is only very loosely based on the British House of Cards series, and this book is only the first one in a trilogy (so you wouldn't encounter even vague spoilers for season 3 until you read the third one in this trilogy).
David Li I just finished reading the book, it has nothing to do with the Netflix series, to my understanding. The whole plot settings are totally different. You are safe to read the book :)
Image for House of Cards