Serena
Serena asked:

It sounds a bit like Shadow and Bone. Is it as good?

To answer questions about Red Queen, please sign up.
Rebecca It does have some similarities. I heard the author say that she read S&B after she finished writing Red Queen because she thought it sounded similar. Now she is a huge fan of that series.

I loved S&B, but I actually liked Red Queen even more. I thought it was brilliant.
Sophie Young girl thinks she's normal, turns out she's actually special, >introduce love triangle here<. It's been a year or so since I read Shadow and Bone, but yeah, they're really similar. It's hard to choose which is better. I might say Shadow and Bone, but that could be something just as simple as the fact that it's told in the past tense (as opposed to Red Queen, which is present). Actually, now that you're making me think about it, they're incredibly similar…

As bratty and dramatic as Alina was, Mare somehow surpasses that.
Lily the Library Chick
Image for Red Queen
by Victoria Aveyard (Goodreads Author)