Amy
Amy asked:

Did anyone else feel like Suzanne Collins had a tight deadline while writing this book?

To answer questions about Mockingjay, please sign up.
Mrs Knightley Yes, it was very sloppy, lots of things unexplained or simply never taken up again (like Finnick's death...), it was very repetitive.

Still, she managed to fill it with so many pages of military training and description of trivial stuff...^^

But the rushed part does not excuse the lack of plot - Katniss was not essential to anything it seems, just hiding in closets or recuperating or being filmed.

I honestly thought it must have been written by someone else...lol
At the end I recognise SC again in little bits, style, pacing. But then she had run out of pages....^^ Maybe she wrote the ending first.

I'm not overly familiar with the publication dates, all three are a year apart...maybe she just ran out of - steam, talent, ideas, I don't know...:-)
Image for Mockingjay