Fearless
Fearless asked:

How could Matilda read a newspaper at the age of 2? She didnt even go to school, and her parents didnt even care about her. how could she do all those amazing stuffs?

To answer questions about Matilda, please sign up.
Laura Pamplona They stated in the book that she is a gifted child... I wonder why are you surprised at the fact that she can read at 2 years old but not at the fact that she can move stuff without touching them...
Rachel
Lauren Matilda is a smart kid who can move things with her mind and do difficult multiplication in her head, it isn't all too unbelievable that she could read at two, I was beginning to write and recognize letters at three so it could happen in real life.
Bashon Mann Magic. It's a book, you can do anything!
Maryam It's fiction, and she is also gifted, i'm sure she is not even a real person, just a story character.
Zeynep (The Realist Romantic) I haven't read the book yet, but it is on my list now and I don't have any idea about Matilda. But my cousin was able to read on all his own when he was 3 years old. So I guess it is not that impossible in a book.:)
★Swarnella★ Matilda is gifted she taught herself to read even though she didn't understand everything at first she gradually understood the meanings. It's a great book I bet you
Jemma Like the first chapter said Matilda is extraordinary.
Ana Paiva Did you watched the movie? I didn´t even read this book, I need this book right now!
Poppingcandy lover 28 Proberley because she was clever
Karys
Ashlaya Also nowadays some children learn to read by typing on the computer or watching TV with subtitles in the same language as the audio, which is similar to how Omar Khayyam Moore taught to 3 & 4-years-old as well as children with learning disabilities. Though Matilda is not set in the same decenny, I think it's worthwhile to mention.
Image for Matilda