Taylor
Taylor asked Ted Galdi:

Where did you get the idea for Elixir?

Ted Galdi Hey Taylor. About a year and a half ago I had a simple idea to write something about a teenage genius who gets into trouble because of his intelligence. Though it was a cool concept, I didn't have an actual plot or any story substance. After thinking about the concept for a while, it started to come to life when I decided to weave in the love-story element.

Once I knew that Sean would have something to fight for - saving his girlfriend from Ebola - the supporting characters and the plot really started coming together and I was able to make an outline for a book. I started writing the actual chapters about a year ago.

As for motivation moving the idea along, music was very important. It really helped me get in the right head space to think about the initial concept in different ways and move it forward.

Thanks for asking!

-Ted