Joe Allen
Joe Allen asked:

I have every expectation that this will be a great book, but can someone explain to me how it can be eligible to be up for a vote as "Best"' when it hasn't even been released yet!??

To answer questions about Artemis, please sign up.
Barbara I agree... Goodreads should seriously consider a policy change. Any book considered for a "best list" should at least be available to the general public for one month. Advance copy reviews tend to be skewed in my opinion.
S Clearly, no one read it. It is terrible.
James I completely agree. Voting started before this book was published. The dates should be changed. I book should be out a week ( at the minimum) before voting starts to be considered a best book of the year.
Greg Joe, well, the reviews started 2 years ago, in December of 2015!!! That's earth time, that is. Who knows what moontime might be for Weir.
Nathan Barker Hundreds of advance review copies of this book were sent out by the publisher in several rounds prior to publication (some as early as 6 months prior I believe)
John Duggan Books published in the United States in English between November 16, 2016 and November 15, 2017 are eligible for the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards. The release date for Artemis is November 14th 2017
Alessandro Carini Is just a "nice" book.

I don't regret 10€ spent in bookstore but now is labelled to be released into http://www.bookcrossing.com/ circuit since is not worth the space taken on my library
Image for Artemis
by Andy Weir (Goodreads Author)