Simon Palmer
Simon Palmer asked:

Where did your inspiration come from to write such a book?

To answer questions about White Walls, please sign up.
H.M.C. H.M.C. I was sitting in a lecture on abnormal psychology and I started to wonder about how we've all got some kind of insanity. There's just different degrees of it, and some are more acceptable than others, it seems. Whether it be moving through life with an external locus of control, or an actual diagnosed issue, we all struggle with judgement, self-worth, and taking right action to some degree.
It got me to thinking about our systems: medical, educational, etc. and how far we would go to 'save' those we love. I love the idea that there can never really be black and white. It's all so very grey. And we can never truly walk a mile in another man's shoes.
The other thought that came to me was that it's interesting how absolute freedom from societal bonds often equals insanity, yet living obsessively inside them often equates to the same thing.
Image for White Walls
by H.M.C. (Goodreads Author)