A Goodreads user asked this question about Outlander (Outlander, #1):
After reading the reviews, I'm getting an indication that this book may be similar to 50 Shades of Gray. Is this true? I couldn't get past the 20th page of 50 Shades- not because of the sex scenes that were about to ensue (I'm OK with that) but because I felt that the writing was so poor, repetitive and amateur. Can anyone that read both weigh in ? No offense to those who like 50 Shades, btw :) Thanks!
retro If your concern is the quality of the writing, then go forth and read Outlander. There's no comparison with 50shades to be had. If you're asking about…moreIf your concern is the quality of the writing, then go forth and read Outlander. There's no comparison with 50shades to be had. If you're asking about content, then do proceed as well, but with caution. Without wishing to spoil, Outlander does involve some sex scenes (it's a romance, go figure) and some non-consent/domestic violence that's handled about as well as it is in 50shades (with the same degree of handwaving). Personally, I felt that while less explicit, the sex scenes in Outlander did settle into a fairly similar pattern of repetitiveness as in 50shades, but ymmv on that one.(less)
Image for Outlander
by Diana Gabaldon (Goodreads Author)