Siddiqua
Siddiqua asked:

Is there any special meaning to Veronica telling her family that Tony wanted a "lie-in" when as he said, she was aware he never had lie-ins? Why did Veronica do that?

To answer questions about The Sense of an Ending, please sign up.
Tstottle I took this to mean that Veronica sided with/valued the men in her family and kind of disregarded her mother; she wanted time alone with her father and brother, possibly to show the men that she wasn't too attached to Tony after all, but also to see what they thought of him.
LouisaA
Kit Forrest
Jenni Joshie Veronica probably valued the menfolks' opinion of Tony and not so much of her mother's, so they went for an early walk.
Claire Fuller That's a good question, which to which I don't know the answer. It does seem to suggest though, that Veronica was deliberately setting Tony up to be alone with her mother. But I can't really see why she would do that on purpose.
Image for The Sense of an Ending