John
John asked James A. Moore:

I've almost finished reading your new ALIEN novel, SEA OF SORROWS, and am thoroughly enjoying it. My understanding is that you wrote it based on an already developed plot synopsis... So, I'm wondering, how detailed was the plot outline you were given, and how much of the story was your own idea? How much freedom (if any) were you given on this project?

James A. Moore Hi, John!

I'm very sorry to take so long to respond. I actually missed this and several other questions. The idea it was based on was exactly two sentences long. From there, Tim Lebbon. Christopher Golden and Steve Saffel, the editor of the series, all joined with me in a long conference while we discussed the basics of all three books. Then we each wrote a detailed breakdown of the novel we were working on and moved forward from here.

Thanks!

Jim Moore