Marisa Ferreira

I'm thinking about starting a fantasy series, and I've heard good things about Cassandra Clare's books. Do you recommend this? What should I read first: The Infernal Devices trilogy or The Mortal Instruments series?

To answer questions about Clockwork Angel, please sign up.
Julie The Mortal Instruments gave me a clearer POV when i was first reading the series...(with Clary learning about shadowhunters as we are) Also, in the last book of TMI, there are a ton of parallels to the Infernal Devices... so i suggest to read about half of the books in TMI then read Infernal Devices. That's what happened to me at least.
Hannah ♡ I'd say TID. I read it that way and Cassandra Clare is now my favorite author
Kimmy Her books are amazing! I read the mortal instruments first and was desperate to know the ancestry of the characters, so if I had my time again I'd read Infernal devices first. I actually lived the trilogy just slightly more, only because I love the 'old school' feel of it. Enjoy!
nicole herondale it doesn't really matter which series you read first, but personally i think the infernal devices is brilliant, better-written and is very well constructed.
will herondale
*o*
Irene Llop If you read TMI first (I mean the complete series), you'll spoil yourself the ending of TID.
If you want to read first, one series and then the other, I recommend you to start with TID, but...this one is better than TMI so maybe you'll be disappointed if you liked the first one obviously.
But If you don't mind reading both series at the same time, read the first three books of TMI, and then the first book of TID, then TIM's fourth book, then TID's second book, then TMI's fifth book, then TID's third book, and finally the last book in TMI.
Jesus S I had the same question and people had told me it didn't really matter what series is read first, but I'm sure others would say to read TMI since it was published first. I myself started with TID since many people say it's a better series and it's good so far :)
Image for Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare (Goodreads Author)