Madi
Madi asked:

Is this very sad?

To answer questions about One Plus One Equals Blue, please sign up.
Branchsuper No, it's about 2 teens with synesthesia who meet, and their shared ability gives them a connection. They help each other through life's ups and downs. It's about friendship, family, and fitting in.
Neil This book, in my opinion, was horrible. In the first half of the book, it was incredibly boring and slow. The second half, I wanted to gouge my eyes out. The characters started getting on my nerves. It was like watching dumb people make dumb decisions in a horror movie. The reactions seemed so unreal. Also, this book orbits around the subject of a kid with synthesia, but rarely brings it up. The book only brings it up 5 or 4 times, out of all 262 pages. This book was just focused around family problems, not the problems a kid with a disorder meets. MJ could've written about Basil extremely struggling in school socially and mentally. She could have written about how he was close to his breaking point. That's how you make this book tense. Add a couple of bullies and school obstacles here and there, and you got yourself a book. This book had problems that any kid can have, disorder or not.
Image for One Plus One Equals Blue