Sean
Sean asked:

Does anyone know of any books like this but for adults ? Like set in the middle east adventure or horror or that kind of thing ? Would prefer it not to be short stories either ? Much appreciated guys !

To answer questions about The Arabian Nights, please sign up.
Cibele Andrade The original 1001 Nights (or the compilations of it) are not what I would call children fairy tales. At least, i wouldn't give them to a child to read. You should give them a try. =)
EmeArsh The book of Saladin, by Tariq Ali.
Gavin Abdollahi Umm... This isn't really a children's book.
It's full of sex and violence, but, sex is usually very vague and not described. The violence, however, is more graphic, with mentions of torture, cutting off of heads, hands, and arms, and more.
CuntyLicious the uncensored, out of print Arabic/Persian copies are extremely & delightfully adult in nature.
Kirsten Piotrowski You might try:

Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson

Orphan's Tales: In the Night Garden: 1
and
Orphan's Tales: In the Cities of Coin and Spice: 2
both by Catherynne Valente
Beth Snider If you have not read Noah Gordon's "The Physician", you will find that a good portion of the book takes place in Persia. It's a very interesting book all around, and amazingly better than the move made of it a few years ago.
Julia I enjoyed the re-write version: A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston, and I read it not knowing much about the original. It's not *exactly* a re-write... more like an alternative story about the ruler who kills a new bride each night.
Daniel Swanger These ARE for and of adults--don't be afraid to enjoy. Tell the stories.
Tinafromdenmark Damascus Nights by Rafik Schami.
Zaid T. Jawad I would definitely recommend Calila e Dimna "Panchatantra"
Eric Jensen Well, I would hardly consider these just children's tales! If you haven't tried to read a few of the individual tales, go for it.

Otherwise, middle east & adventure & horror huh? Under the Pyramids meets these criteria, but is a short story.

The closest things I can think of are some of the Crusader literature.

The Fall of Jerusalem, 1187 An Account of the fall of the Crusader Kingdom at Jerusalem by Saladin.

The Deeds of the Franks - A chronicle of the first Crusade

The Song of Roland is set in Muslim controlled Spain.

Specifically, though, I am not that well versed in Muslim Lit., but if you want good adventure set in other places, let me know.
Image for The Arabian Nights