Katalin
Katalin asked:

When it will be released?

To answer questions about The Winds of Winter, please sign up.
Zero vi Britannia When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When Dany's womb quickens again, and she bears a living child. Then it will be released, and not before.
Ali Juhdi We are all Jon snow on this matter.
Corey Why is George focusing on PR stuff and working on short story side projects instead of finishing this damn series? He claims he is too busy. George tell everyone to leave you alone and focus on the book!!! No one is forcing you to travel around the world and attend convention. You'll be dead before you finish.
Jay April and the 1st week of May 2016 are gone baby gone; George broke another promise -- to keep the book from sliding far out of sequence from the show--of which the 3rd episode is due to air tomorrow.

I second the previously voiced concerns, that he looks pretty far short of spry these days, and that I hope he can get the remainder of this story out before his heart explodes into a million different pieces. Not that I wish such a thing. I don't.

It's odd, remembering how Robert Jordan busted his butt, through brutal terminal illness, to finish the epic and satisfy his loyal fans. Granted, he ran out of time...but not for lack of f*cking trying. I really don't understand Mr. Martin's seeming inability to tighten his belt, no pun intended, cancel his appearance at the Helsinki f*cking Comic Con, and show his fans--the one's who have been there since the 90's (!!!)--and get down to the business that made him a rich, successful, respected author.

Hell, I'd be pacified if he goes on a diet, to ensure that he finishes this thing. Jordan's situation was tragedy. I'm not sure what it will be if this series ends similarly, with the apparent reasons at hand.

I'm not insensitive to anyone's creative process, but this strains credulity and shits all over the social contract he entered after we bought the f*ck out of that first book and the ones that followed.

Rant done; lets go!

Matthew Nobody knows, not even George R. R. Martin.
Maciek Maybe if we sing long enough, GRRM will hear us? ;)
"Would you finish Winds of Winter?": http://youtu.be/YH1S0YfF6c4
Joseph Hazboun George Martin have gone astray after his third book.
I am certain that until the 3rd book, Martin had a plan. Most probably, seeing the success of his series, he decided to extend the series from a 4 - 5 book series into maybe a never-ending one. Maybe he got jealous of the "Harry Potter" series and wanted to break the record.
This is why Mr. Martin is taking too long to write the book.
Matthew When it is ready.

In the mean time, I'd recommend this short piece by Neil Gaiman:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05...
Stephane Bourdeaud Hodor! Hodor! Hodor!
Sennett Give the man some rest, people-who-complain-he's-not-making-this-book-a-priority. Inspiration is a curious thing. It needs time like a mind needs books.
Jennifer The last I saw, Jan. 2015
Ellen Based on a quick posting via publisher website it will be released 11/30/2021. Sorry the posting is down otherwise I would post it... And no that is not a typo.
Chelle Gray Wow people - I'm looking forward to this finally happening as much as the rest of you but what if...just what if the guy is unwell enough to be struggling to finish it? Maybe he's putting his health and wellbeing first?? Just sayin'...
Chris In an interview (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/...) he said that he's planning to release it before season 6 of the tv show airs, which would be earlier than april 2016
Sam Sgroi I don't think he'll ever finish it, the show has completely eclipsed the novels and everyone will know the end LONG BEFORE "A Dream of Spring" ever hits the shelves. I think much of his readership is just giving up on him, with his farting around and obvious disdain of people asking him questions. I'm surprised his publishers have put up with his bullshit for as long as they have, considering you sign a contract to deliver a product. I think GRRM is a tragic example of what happens when you take on an ambitious product and then can't cross the finish line

Addendum: IT'S FINALLY COMING THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Hatt Going to have to re read the entire series when and if the final entry ever sees the light. Did not get into Game of Thrones until the first five novels were available. My understanding is that those who started with Book #1 when it first came out had lengthy waits between each following edition. So apparently this is nothing new waiting for Book # 6. GRRM is fortunate to have such patient fans.
Cosmin Rachitan In my opinion GR Martin is in inspiration crisis and i think that we will not find the end of this story from him. Maybe like in "Wheel of Time" the story will be finish by another writer.
Yan Read the Knight of Seven Kingdoms in the meanwhile.
Livia George has said that he'd like it to be published before GoT Season 6 (April 2016), so SOON!
Lilly Mike Hopefully before he drops dead of a heart attack. Dude seriously looks unhealthy and obese.
Alexandre Cloutier Wait for the end of the tv show because its seem that mr. Martin wants to be sure that people who read his books gonna know the end of the history before they read it.
Jade Dewyn I think it will be before April 2016. He said he wants to finish it before the new season airs next year.
Karl Gehring Scheduled for October 2015
Hanieh Salehi When we all die and rot and turn to dust. Just so you know, the first book in this series was published in 1996 and I wasn't even born back then and I'm 21 now. 18 year-olds who had read his book that time are 40 now.
April Barnes And here we are...2018 with no Book 6.
Renee Bailey Most likely never...
Nikki As of December, 2018 - the release is sometime in 2020, according to the publisher.
Céline Why Goodreads have postponed the publication for 2020, WTF???? :O
Stephanie I literally halted reading mid book five when I realised how far back the date of production was and that was about two years ago. I said I wont finish it until winds of wnter came out because I burned through thoe other books like wildfire. We still havent gotten a book so I'm going to assume never he's going to pass on into the afterlife first before we get another. And I refuse to watch GoT
Senan Khawaja never, he said 2015, then 2016, then 2017, the show will finish before the next book.
D0n_minion You know nothing Katalin.
Ms. Davies Maybe soon?? http://www.parentherald.com/articles/...

There is no sign of this reported anywhere else though!
Arielle As of seventeen hours ago, it could still come out sometime in 2016. Or at the latest, maybe 2017.
Brandon Mcqueen Before April 2016 he (GRRM) hopes.
Samantha Clysdale Not being release this year. They pushed it back to next year.
Image for The Winds of Winter