Nancy  Tomczak
Nancy Tomczak asked:

In the story Schehehazade her job is "support liaison". Is that common profession. in Japan? She is said to be a housewife but having sex is part of service. Seems like a big cultural difference.

To answer questions about Men Without Women, please sign up.
Lynn I don't think it's an actual legit job. That story was about illicit underworld activities, and I got the feeling Schehehazade was hired as a "support liaison" by the criminal group who was providing the guy a safe house to lie low until the "heat" dissipates. The source of the heat isn't explicitly stated that I can recall, but I think the reader can presume they're trying to evade law enforcement or else another gang. I don't know that it's wise to draw assumptions about the whole culture based on a short story about criminals.
未知生焉知死 Anvil Is that common profession. in Japan?

No, not at all.

She is said to be a housewife but having sex is part of service. Seems like a big cultural difference.

Again, you are completely mistaken. That sort of job would be regarded as much illegitimate/illegal/inappropriate in Japan as it would be in your country.
Image for Men Without Women