Jill
Jill asked:

Does 'The Edge of Normal' have anything graphic about when the girl was with the sadist? I don't like graphic sexual things or too much cursing.

To answer questions about The Edge of Normal, please sign up.
Rebecca Olmstead The action taking place in the victims' memories or the sadists' imaginations don't make them any less graphic or difficult to read. And, what is done to the protagonist when she is drugged is very graphic. So, I would say, if you are sensitive to sexual abuse, avoid this book. There are some things that just can't be avoided if a writer is to portray this subject realistically. It's an ugly subject and there's no way to sugarcoat it.
Donna This is what I so loved about Carla's books, she never goes into graphic details, just leads us to imagine what could/may have happened. Thank you for that Carla.
Carla Norton The main character's scars speak to what she has suffered, but the abuse is never described in detail. There are brief scenes of girls being held captive, but without anyone else in the room. Most of the suspense comes from the dread of what might happen next, and what the criminal plans to do. Several reviews have mentioned that I've handled a difficult subject without sensationalism.
Thank you for writing! And please accept my apologies for being so slow to answer your question. I don't know how I missed it!
Image for The Edge of Normal
by Carla Norton (Goodreads Author)